Skipping as an easy, cheap and fun exercise!
Skipping is one of the cheapest, most effective, fat burning workouts you can do. And it’s fun too. What’s stopping you?
- The effort it takes to jump rope for 10 minutes is the equivalent of running a mile in eight minutes.
- One hour of rope skipping will burn up to 1,300 calories.
- According to the British Rope Skipping Association, 10 minutes of skipping can have the same health benefits as a 45-minute run.
- Skipping is a full body workout which uses your abdominals to stabilize the body, legs for jumping, shoulders and arms for turning the rope.
- Skipping is less jolting on your joints than running.
- Once you’ve bought your rope, skipping is a zero-cost workout.
- Skipping helps to improve heart rate and blood pressure.
- It’s a good workout for all fitness levels as you can do it at a pace that suits you.
- Skipping regularly improves flexibility.
- It also aids your coordination and balance.
- A regular skipping session improves muscle tone in both the lower and upper body.
- Skipping is a weight bearing exercise so can help in improving bone density, thus helping stave off osteoporosis.