Only you can Prevent Diabetes and live happy
The cause of type 1 diabetes is not understood and at this time is not preventable. However, people trying to avoid type 2 diabetes may be able to engage in lifestyle changes that lower their risk. It’s very important to make diabetes prevention a priority if you’re at increased risk of diabetes, such as if you’re overweight or you have a family history of the disease. It may be as simple as following a sound nutrition plan and maintaining a healthy weight, which are important steps in preventing the disease.
Simple Steps that will help You
- Avoid the sweets and processed food that are poisoning your body. Like refined grains, sugary beverages have a high glycemic load, and drinking more of this sugary stuff is associated with increased risk of diabetes.
- The major dietary control in the prevention and reversal of diabetes is restricting the consumption of carbohydrates. This is because insulin resistance arises from the chronic consumption of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates can be distinguished as either simple or complex. Simple carbohydrates consist of foods such as sweets, sauces, sugary foods, soft drinks, pulpy fruits, white rice, white bread and potatoes. Most breakfast items such as dosas and idlis are also made from simple carbohydrate grains. These foods should only be eaten very sparingly for enjoyment and never as a part of a regular diet.
- With fats, the basic rule is moderation. Fats come mainly in the form of oils used in cooking almost all food including snacks, packaged goods, curries and sweets. The best thing to do here is to eliminate regularly frying foods and drastically lessen the amount of oil being put into the preparation of foods.
- Take a high fiber diet with low glycemic carbohydrates (Oats, Quinoa, Beans, Green vegetables), healthy fats (dairy products, Nuts, Omega 3 fatty acids), and lean protein (lean meat, eggs, fish, legumes). Water, Vitamin D3, coffee, green tea, Cinnamon, Chromium, and Holy thorn extract can help.
- Maintain your body weight a little under the ideal body weight. Healthy Body Mass Index (BMI) for Indians is five points less than general population.
- Do daily aerobic exercise that induces sweating and rapid breathing. Strength training can be included to increase lean muscle mass. Yoga, stress relaxation, adequate sleep, avoidance of smoking and alcohol consumption, and treatment of depression and hypothyroidism also help.
- Check your blood sugars and HBA1c on an annual basis if you are normal and every three months if you are pre-diabetic or diabetic. Follow your weight and HBA1c numbers to keep you on track to prevent, reverse, and cure yourself of diabetes.
- Do not stop medications till you confirm adequate reversal of diabetes with the help of a health care provider.
http://humlife360.com/only-you-can-prevent-diabetes-and-live-a-happy-life/http://humlife360.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/only-u-can-bt-diab-be-hap-COverPicpexels-photo-175977-1024x683.jpeghttp://humlife360.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/only-u-can-bt-diab-be-hap-COverPicpexels-photo-175977-150x150.jpegBe AwareThe cause of type 1 diabetes is not understood and at this time is not preventable. However, people trying to avoid type 2 diabetes may be able to engage in lifestyle changes that lower their risk. It's very important to make diabetes prevention a priority if you're at increased...adminhttps://plus.google.com/109965916009515788407Harsh Mulikharsh.email@example.comAdministratorHumLife360